Monday 23 June 2014

CIRCUMNAVIGATE
Hurry up everyone, we are getting late, said Umesh dada. He has been taking care of us for 2 years. For us he is our whole family. We are orphans of SMILE CHILD TRUST. Today Umesh dada has brought us to this new zoo, near our town. I am Ram, ten years old swarthy boy. This is the first outing of my life, I’ve never been any place before. Today I saw thousands of species, sometime I soar, sometime aghast. Zoo is filled with peoples of every age group. I saw a group of lads and went forward to join them. But we are not allow to play or talk with them. This is the first time I’m getting envy with those lads, who have come with their parents. They ‘re eating Ice-cream and playing different games. I didn’t know what they’re playing but it fascinated me. Our folk is now moving to exit gate and I somehow manage myself to stay and submerge with those lads and play their frantic games, abruptly a man with long hair and dark moustache comes near to me and haul me from the crowd. He accuses me, of stealing their playing boards and food. They start beating me, but no one listen to my sob. I echo Umesh dada’s name and then……….
He comes as my savior and till then I faint. I don’t know how I get here again in the orphan’s bed but I feel relax of being at safe place again. I need some fresh air to rejoice my soul which had embittered by those games. I walk through the garden, and rain starts with its full pace. I sat under a shed and contemplate about how rich people and those who have parents live? How beautiful games they play, they needn’t have to worry about their dirty clothes and they can eat anything as much they want. My contemplation devastates by a voice coming from my back. How are you feeling now? Says Umesh dada. feeling better, I reply. He can see my tears running from my cheeks, my heart soaring for those frantic rather expensive games and my mumble as I’m fighting with god. He took a paper from his pocket and gives it to me. It is a ship, a ship of paper. What should I suppose to do with this? I ask. Join your fellows they are waiting for you at backyard, he insist. They’re playing with their ships and ask me to join. It fascinates me more than those frantic games. I indulge myself in the games. After a long period of time. All have gone to sleep except me. Umesh dada has  come see to me, its too late Ram you must sleep now, he suggests. I ask him to join, I circumnavigate with ships. He pat me softly and gone to sleep.
“Happiness is not in what others can afford, but in what we can manage”

SAKSHAM SHRIVASTAVA

No comments:

Post a Comment