Monday 30 June 2014

“WAGER”

I never knew, that wager would change my life. Come on Abhinav we’ve to leave now, this is going to be the best Annual function, said Rajat. We both reach school within ten minutes. Program has already started and that beautiful girl in black saree is announcing, that our next performance is of Miss Anamika Bhaweja. My heart beats briskly and is going back to those moments…..
Virendra and I had wager to get the most beautiful girl of our school. First turn was mine and I had groomed myself in showing my faux perpetual love to her, by watching her coming and going from school, walking through her house, tried to start conversation, but never gather courage to had one. It was just a wager for Virendra but change was running through my veins and my heart, by each passing day, it seems inevitable to stop myself from enchanting towards her soul. Yeah, a 16 young lad was now learning the language of soul and was searching his soulmate. I started loving her intensely and the more days pass the more I falter confidence that whether one day I would be capable of showing my perpetual and fondle love to her. Finally one fine morning I dare to write a letter expressing my feelings for her and put in my pocket. That day I request her to meet me at canteen of our school and she did. We met as decided and before I started to speak, she impetuously advised me to check my science notebook, there were plenty of mistakes. It helped me to lose my confidence and I nodded on every question asked by her but It was like a reverie, how did she know about my science notebook, I started to mumble but she was gone by then. I followed her and without any word gave that letter to Anamika. We both had come to join next lecture of science by Miss Rashmita. I was not in mood to study, while rewinding few minutes back memory, I remembered that Anamika had told me to check my science notebook, I meticulously glance on every page, and what I had found was a white sheet of paper. That paper I opened underneath my desk, so that no one could notice. There was something written on it, with pink glittering ink that had changed my life and those words are “I lOVE YOU”……….
Today watching her on stage, seems like my whole universe constituted in this universal magic.
“Do believe in magic, and it will happen”  


SAKSHAM SHRIVASTAVA

No comments:

Post a Comment