Monday 30 June 2014

SAVIOUR AT 21 A BLOCK

Mumbai, a dense and crowed city. Hotter than lamp in summer and in rain it is far from imagination to live without getting drench. 21 A block was residence of Mr Ramnath Vyas., a well educated man and president at Human Welfare Department. His aura made other aware of their work at office, a tall dark and fat virtually 40 year old man proves to be the best president yet at human welfare department. He dwelled with his wife and two sons, both studied at university. His wife a fat, unfathomable and swarthy body, used to treat servants like cattle, they had more than 4 servants at a time. And among them, one was my father. Rajesh Singh, I can still feel his aura around me, the way he patted me, his hard hands revealing the hard work he did for me. I still remember that day, my 14th birthday on which he brought a chocolate cake loaded with 14 candles. That was my first birthday cake and we both enjoyed and savoured it. He had brought that cake from his overtime salary. He worked that month more than 16 hours just to make my birthday superfluous. I had lived in a place which is perfect for me, I’ve learnt life in those rooms which gloom even at daytime. My eyes waited all day for my father to come and we had supper before sleep. I had studied at government school and college. My father had fulfilled my every little dream but once I became mature I understood those circumstances and started working in hotels  and bars as dishwasher. My father wanted me to complete my graduation and focus more on my IAS exams. Two years ago, on the night of 19th September, rain was falling with its high pace. People were running towards their home, streets were filled with all kinds of species and the man at the gate of 21 A Block is striving and shivering with fever and there is no hope from the master to call him inside or provide him safe place to rest. It was my father, who was suffering from fever and was seriously ill that time. He faint there at this very gate, where we are standing now. He died after 3 days, doctors reveal that he had suffered from plague and was seriously ill by the time of work........
He supported me every time, he inspired me, if there is anything I have learnt from this universe that is, never ever try to give up, it’s not only you who is working towards your dreams but it comprise of all those who are supporting you to make your dream a reality. Today shifting my stuffs to my new apartment as President of Human Welfare Department is not only my dream,  but it had been seen by my father at this very gate. He was the man who saves me, who made me. He was the saviour at 21 A Block.

SAKSHAM SHRIVASTAVA

No comments:

Post a Comment